Welcome to St Joseph – A note from the PrincipalSt. Joseph’s Secondary School was founded in 1858 and has a proud tradition in offering an excellent teaching and learning experience to second level students in the local and wider community. The school is under the trusteeship of Edmund Rice Schools Trust. We offer a Junior and Leaving Certificate curriculum, Leaving Cert Applied Programme and the Transition Year programme. Our academic courses are complemented with a wide range of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities which are detailed in this website. We have completed a substantial building programme which has doubled the floor space of the building. This bring the capacity of the school to 900 students. Additionally we can now offer a wide range of option subjects; 10 option subjects at Junior Cert and 18 option subjects at Leaving certificate. The Transition Year is not compulsory and the Board of Management set the number of classes in TY to cater for the demand. This website has links to all its school policies and also has a large database of Newsletters which is a useful source of information on the day to day activities in St. Joseph’s.
Best Wishes, David Madden
Video Tour – Our School
Parents 6th Year Information Evening – Presentations (pdf)
- 6th Year – Presentation Going to College – Download PDF
- 6th Year – SUSI Presentation – Download PDF
- 6th Year – CAO Presentation – Watch
School Downloads & Links (pdf)
- Prospectus & Application Form
- NEW: Application form for new teaching positions
- Transition Year Application Form – External Applicants
- A Musical Celebration of Modern Heritage 2016/17
- School Calendar 2017/18
- School Improvement Plan 2016/17
- Guide for parents/guardians of prospective third level students
- Extension Building Brochure
- Leaving Cert Results Guide
- School Policies
- Newsletter – May 2017
- Newsletter – March 2017
- Newsletter – January 2017
- Newsletter – November 2016
- Follow-Through Inspection Report
- Survey of Parents’ opinions on uniform
- Worried about Bullying?
- DES Subject Inspection Report
- Whole School Evaluation Report
Thanks to our Bloom Sponsors
Video Tour of St. Joseph’s
To give you a overview of our school we would like you to click on the above link.
Latest News in Brief
- Posted on June 28, 2017
The Prince of Monaco, His Serene Highness Prince A...Posted on June 12, 2017
From the 21st to the 25th of August 2017, Mr. McDo...
- Posted on June 6, 2017
St. Joseph’s Secondary School won the top prize,...Posted on May 29, 2017
The end of the school year in 2017 marks the end o...
- Posted on May 29, 2017
The Erasmus + KA2 project Matters of Matter – Fu...Posted on May 29, 2017
A large crowd attended the Transition Year present...
Student Prefects 2016/17This Year’s Student Prefects:
Back Row (L-R): Joshua Sokan, Joe Cedrick Linogao, David Walsh, Eniola Smith, Handsome Agunloye, Ms Daly Guidance Counsellor.
Front Row (L-R): Przemek Wolanin, David Delaney, Fawwaz Kekere-Ekun, Jack Kennedy, Kenneth Fallon.